Picking up the gems from my pull list feels a bit like my birthday or Christmas, because its always a bit of a surprise. I’m terrible at keeping track of the dates books are released, so I never really know what’s coming…unless I remember to read my email, but that kind of takes the fun out of things. Doesn’t it?
I’m excited about this week’s haul.
- X-Men Red #5
- Justice League #1
- Rise of the Black Panther #6
- Infinity Countdown #4
- Paper Girls #21
- Isola #3
- Kaijumax Volume 3 (I’ve been waiting and waiting and waiting!)
By Jim Lee (My photo does NOT do it justice)
I was too busy reading to post my list last week, but with a list like this, who could resist?
- Vampironica #2
- Barrier #5
- Grass Kings #15
- Doomsday Clock #5
- The Realm #6
By Greg Smallwood
I’m really loving Vampironica. The Smallwoods are knocking it out of the park with this one. The Realm hooked me from the first issue, and I’m thrilled to see a new issue from this team. So…things to read and all. With a pile of books like this, can you blame me for hiding myself away and reading instead of writing a longer post?
What are you reading that you’d recommend?
‘Til next time,
About a year ago, I wrote a post about my Comic Book Confusion. Since I was at a loss about which comic books to read and where to start, I decide to ask an expert. I got my opportunity at Wizard World’s Comic Con in Tulsa last month. With so many artists and writers in attendance, and such a great program to choose from, I thought, surely I can get a couple of good recommendations from someone in the industry who should know. Right?
I have a list. Of course, I haven’t been able to read all the way through the list yet, but I’ve gotten enough of a start to be confident I’m going to thoroughly enjoy the rest of it.
Wait? What was that? You want to know what’s on my list? Okay, I’ll share.
The Comic Book To-Read List
- Saga by Brian K. Vaughn – Yes, this was already on this list, and along with Sandman by Neil Gaiman provided the basis for the rest of the list…also I’ve been reading all of the other volumes I can get my hand on, and eagerly awaiting the next!
- Dream Thief by Jai Nitz – I’ve read Volume 1 and couldn’t put it down. (I promise a full review is coming soon!) Volume 2 is sitting on my kitchen table. It arrived today.
- Rat Queens by Kurtis J. Weibe – I would like to say I can only read one book at a time, but I’ve already proven that I can. I just haven’t picked this one up yet.
- Paper Girls by Brian K. Vaughn – He already hit one out of the park with Saga do we really doubt?
My first Comic Con was a resounding success. We all did a bit of amateur cosplay, fondled light sabers we could not afford, bought some amazing pieces of art, and met some fascinating people.
My one gigantic failing…not enough pictures! Somehow I got dazzled by “geekvana” and forgot to take pictures. Oh well, there’s always the next con.
What do you think of the list? Would you add anything?
‘Til next time,